Now that a government agency has deemed the framing up to its standards, I guess I get to be confident in it. I write that in jest, I suppose the fear of government not placing its stamp of approval forces some level of minimum quality. Although I'm pretty sure TJB stays a ways above the minimum.
Rewind to this morning.
Sara read an article in the Parade of Homes magazine (there is another Parade starting shortly) where one individual wrote about taking pictures of the entirety of the interior of his new walls at the completion of the framing. His theory was that having a good visual record of the interior of the walls would be helpful should their be issues. He'd have photos of where all of the wires and pipes ran within the walls.
Perhaps a little excessive (I think those were his words, although I'd echo them), but I like going out to the house and watching the progress, so I did the same. I think I documented everything through pictures pretty thoroughly. Although "thoroughness" is in the eye of the beholder, and sometimes this beholder's version of thorough may be slightly less than others. Right sweetie?
I haven't posted all of those pictures here as there were about 120 pictures.
This was the last opportunity to do this since the completion of the successful inspection means tomorrow they will start insulating, and shortly there after sheetrocking. It sounds like if I'm able to make it out there tomorrow night, I'll see a generally insulated and maybe partially sheetrocked home. We were told in no uncertain terms from Justin that they "will be moving along at a decent pace now" and that we should make sure to finalize the remainder of our selections to keep on pace. While I reminded them that we are going to slow this down as needed, it nonetheless is going to change and move dramatically over the upcoming weeks.
The pictures I did include on this post are a few things they've finished up with in the last couple days that we (or at least I) are pretty excited about. We have a couple of places along the outside of the front of the house where we put recessed lights, including a few of them on the porch. I got a couple pictures of those.


Our fireplace is in and ready to have the cabinets built around it.

Where the TV will eventually sit above the fireplace in the great room they run a tube for the cable and electrical wires back into the book shelves where the outlets and cable are. You can see that here.

We (I) had the electrician put a few extra outlets in the garage. The intention (quit laughing) is to eventually place a work bench in the front left corner if you are looking in from the front (seriously, it's not funny, I'd like a work bench). It looked as though the outlets were a little low to be just above the future bench, but Justin checked it out today, and said it is set up just right for the typical work bench.
It was nice and warm out today, so I went in the back yard since it had been a while. Our back yard backs up against a little wetland area which is up against a woods that would almost make you think you were out in the country. You can see from the pictures the view up into the dining room off the walk out, and the view up into the living room and our master bedroom.


We received draft images of our cabinetry yesterday. I may try to put a few of those images into a subsequent post, although we have some work to do on the cabinets before we have him start building. I spoke with the manager today, and we are planning on meeting up at his shop next Thursday before work to move drawers and doors around and make sure the cabinets he builds are the cabinets we want in the house. That isn't to say the first iteration wasn't good, it is actually very close to what we want, and the images they created for us to look at are very cool.
Looks really good. Remember Dad has lots of tools for your work bench..you never know what you will need. I am sure Uncle Dick and Nate can give you pointers on all the tools you will need.
ReplyDeleteThe house looks really good, coming along well. Glad to hear you are photo documenting just in case the Govt. has to step in at some time.
We are anxious to see the photos of the cabinets.
Keep up the good work!!
MOM and Dad T