Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are we there yet?

I have to be honest here....this process is long and hard and I'm ready for it to be over.

I do love day light savings time since it means we have more opportunities to see the house in the day light.

Justin is awesome and we now have a easier and cleaner way to get to the house.  Sorry to Stacie, Dee Dee, and Kathy for making you trek thru the mud last weekend!


Next is a good picture of Chris admiring the progress of the house.  It looks like siding will start tomorrow based on the materials on site tonight.



We decided to invest money in our unfinished basement in anticipation of using it down the road.  Below are some pictures of the tubing that is being installed into the ground (aka mud) for the Wisbro system.




Tonight we spent time in the model look at different styles of base and casing.  Then spent more time at home discussing the change order for the cabinets, plumbing, doors, etc.  Each change order = more money  -->  I'm tired of change orders!

Sorry for not having more fun news to report tonight.  Being the detail person that I am, I tired of dealing with all of the details.  I guess I need to be careful for what I wished for.  We wished for a totally custom home and that is what we are building.  Hopefully it will turn out ok.

1 comment:

  1. Sara thanks for the up -date. Soon it will be over and look just like you wanted. It may be time for you and Chris to take a break and get away ( I know that is what you are planning), it will give you new energy and renew your attitude toward the process.

    It will be worth it all!!

    Mom and Dad T

    ReplyDelete