Thursday, March 4, 2010

First Day of Insulation

I drove over to the house before heading into the office this morning to see if anything had changed since they finished the inspection.

Some of the framers, and the guys from the insulation company were standing around when I arrived (it was almost like they worked on for the state Department of Transportation on road construction the way they were "leaning on their shovels"). They all scattered and looked busy when I pulled up.

Actually, they were all very nice guys, and they were just starting their day and getting ready to get the insulation started. The framers were there to put in the front door frame and to put up a construction door for the rest of the process.

The insulators said that they'd get most of it done today. In fact they made it sound as though they'd get to everything but the garage.

They should wrap up tomorrow, and the sheetrocking starts either tomorrow or right away Monday.

The door part of the front door will be a lot different than what you see in the picture. They use a construction door so that the real front door doesn't get damaged. But you can see the sidelights that we'll have in the house. We debated over and over about those, but I do think they look pretty good.

The other picture is just a photo of the city inspectors sign off on the framing job.

I'm going to try to swing by again tonight if I ever get out of the office.





1 comment: