It is remarkable what they've been able to complete in a week as you'll see below. I've been in DC for a few days, and they've made incredible progress since I was here last.
The house is really coming together with walls and floors, etc. We can start to see where we'll be cooking, relaxing and getting together with friends and family not too many months from now.
On Sunday, Sara and I went over to Mary and Clark Arneson's house in St. Andrews in Blaine. This is such an "it's a small world" story, but here it goes. Clark Arneson is the city administrator in Blaine. He was the city administrator in Bloomington during the Mall of America development, which means he is good at what he does. I'd never met Clark, but I know the Arneson family well as they were right across the street from me growing up in Crookston. Clark was a little older than me, but I did know his youngest brother Scott. Clark and Mary built recently with TJB, and she is an awesome interior designer who know helps TJB clients out with their design work. We've been through a million model homes, but it was very cool to see Mary and Clark's gorgeous home and get more ideas as we have to start thinking more and more about the inside of our house. Going forward, we're going to be able to work with Mary as we have questions about anything from flooring to lighting, and everything in between. We are excited to be able to utilize her expertise to help make the inside of our home everything we hope it can be.
Our first big color choices still revolve around the combination of stone, shakes, shingles and siding. Mary gave us her initial thoughts on those based on the path we're currently going down, and yesterday we sent her some pictures to look at that should help he give us further advice.




Hey kids it looks really good!! Dad and I are anxious to see the house progress in person. You are doing a great job planning everything out. We are confident it will be a beautiful house and warm home, filled with love and hospitality for all who enter and share your lives.
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom and Dad T