Monday, December 21, 2009

Foundation 2.0

I swung by the lot this morning and again this afternoon. Either the neighbors are going to think an unemployed guy is moving in next door, or the builders are going to think I'm obsessive/compulsive (I think I'm generally the opposite, whatever that is).

Bright and early this morning, there was a team of about eight guys getting ready to do more work on the foundation. They still had more moldings to install, and will continue to have more cement to pour over the course of the next few days. From talking to one of the guys, it sounds like they may be able to pour all of the foundation and have the moldings removed before Christmas (which means in the next two days). It is amazing to see the development. The pillars which will be on the porch appear to be poured. There is a pretty cool picture from the back yard that shows all of that they've accomplished. And the whole foundation is really coming together.

Tonight, our friends Eric, Nicole and little EJ are coming to town for Christmas. They are staying with us this evening, and hopefully we are all able to head over to Aspen Bay in the morning before they make the trek up North.

We're very close at this point (like 45 minutes) to finalizing the windows and doors. At least the sizes of them. They tell us it is easier to frame the house when you know where they need to have openings for windows and doors. Who knew?

Next step is finalizing shingles, shakes and siding. I think we're close on those choices too.


No comments:

Post a Comment