Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Quick Look Back 4.0

On July 6th 2009 I was working on getting breakfast scheduled with a friend of mine Todd Kruse who I had done some work with in the past.

For no good reason other than to find a convenient place for us to meet I asked if he was still in Apple Valley. He wrote back and said that he and his wife had just moved into a house they built in Inver Grove Heights.

You might recall from an earlier post that one of Kevin's friends who does mortgages had suggested some builders might be buying or renting existing properties as an incentive to build with them.

I asked Todd if they were able to sell their Apple Valley Townhomes (they owned two, five doors down from each other) and he told me via email that he was able to get the builder to purchase one of them and guarantee rent on the other. It was the exact same situation we were in (other than the geography).

Todd introduced me via email to Jereomy Fiskewold with TJB Builders. They operated up in Blaine primarily. Obviously we weren't planning on building there, but they did have a good incentive program and they were known to build a nice house.

Over the next few weeks, Todd, Sara and I talked building and process and all the nuts and bolts of building a new home.

Eventually, we met with Jereomy and started looking at a few plots of land around Eagan and Apple Valley with the thought that they'd possibly build us a home in the Southeast Suburbs. That process lasted through much of the rest of the summer of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment