Monday, May 10, 2010

Carpet and Land Grading

Today Village starting laying the carpet and Justin graded the whole lot in advance of them pouring the driveway and sidewalk which is "scheduled for tomorrow." By "scheduled for tomorrow," of course, I mean sometime later this week or next after it quits pouring rain.

On the way home tonight before I stopped out at the house I swung by Sherwin Williams to pick out a few different options for the color of the front door. We have to decide on that sometime later this week. We're looking at a red potentially, or maybe black. I think we're looking to have some accent on the front of the house aside from flowers and landscaping, so it is likely we'll go with some version of red.

They moved the boards from the street to the smaller garage door today and put the lock box on the door inside the garage.

As I wrote, Village started carpeting today. Most of it is at least set in place. Some is cut, and some is even cut and stretched into place.

The great room is really coming together. This carpet is so comfortable. The cats are going to love it.



We have a very short, tight carpet here in the office. It will accommodate a rolling office chair and is supposed to be fairly durable.



The steps heading up to the second floor is the only area where they didn't lay the carpet today. As you can see, they did get the pad down. Up the stairs and into the hallway we got an upgraded, supposedly very strong and durable carpet. It's also pretty comfortable.



Our bedroom is the only room where we switched up the color scheme from the browns/tans that are in the rest of the house to a grey that fits the theme of the paint and the master bath. This, like the great room, is very comfortable and warm.


The carpet in the two guest bedrooms upstairs and the bonus room are the same.



The land looks significantly different today than when we were out there yesterday evening meeting with a potential landscaper. Justin said he was grading and moving dirt for about three hours today. Here is two pics from the front of the house.




This picture is out the front door.


They are scheduled to pour the driveway in the morning, but it looks increasingly unlikely that they will be able to because of the rain. We probably should have had it poured last week as they recommend a couple of weeks before we drive on it (and certainly before we park on it). My guess is it will be later this week or maybe early next before they get to it.

I'm going to head out there in the morning just in case, but I doubt they'll be doing any outside work. Village, however, should be able to finish the carpet tomorrow. Also, we traded emails with Shelly today and placed the order for the final back splash and hearth in the kitchen. I'm hopeful they'll be able deliver and install the product before we close.

No comments:

Post a Comment