Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Garage, Lights and Stained Glass

Sara worked late last night, so I checked out the house again at the end of the day.

The paint and stain is nearing completion, and every coat they put on obviously makes it look better and better. We're going to be pleased with the colors.

Here is where they'll be installing an outlet for us on the front porch. I think we did a pretty good job adding more outlets than we needed. everyone said you can never have too many outlets, so hopefully we have plenty.


They are almost finished painting the Bonus room over the garage. It's looking good. We had contemplated doing something way different in this room, but never came to a conclusion. So we're going with the taupe for now and will likely change it down the line.


The stain, after several coats, really looks awesome on the cabinets.



They are getting ready to pour the garage floor in the next few days. We decided to go with two floor drains in the garage for all of the mechanical work I do. I have one of those shirts with the arms torn off now so I can really get into the engine and fix stuff.

Ok, that's not true (except for the floor drains part).



I arrived home last night to a nice surprise. These are most of the remaining lights for the house from Lighting Direct.com. We have just a few pieces left to either order or purchase.


Sara and I are meeting at a little after 5pm with the Stained Glass people to start constructing the glass that will go over the doors to the study just inside the house. Obviously, the hole house is a reflection of our personalities and we put it together to fit our lifestyle and needs. The stained glass is something that TJB does in all of their homes that gives the homeowner a chance to put an accent piece that reflects their personalities. I have no idea what to expect or how customized this will be. But I'm excited for Sara and I to sit down and design this in a way that hopefully reflects us and the things that are important to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment